As a Trustee or member of a self-managed super fund (SMSF), there are responsibilities you need to be aware of to keep your SMSF compliant. One of these responsibilities would be to meet all the annual obligations for your SMSF before lodging your annual return.
The ATO has summed all the annual obligations for your SMSF in this short video:
The Annual Obligations for Your SMSF
- Determine the market value of assets at 30th June
- An actuarial certificate if a fund member has retired and is receiving payments from the fund
- Prepare your fund’s accounts (or contact your accountant)
- Appoint an auditor that is registered with ASIC at least 45 days before your return is due to be lodged
- Check your fund’s lodgement due date
- Review your investment strategy
- Keep on top of record keeping and administration tasks
If you’re with Xpress Super, all the above tasks will be handled for you (except for the review of your investment strategy). You can set up your own SMSF in 6 steps with Xpress Super here.
Or you can have it set up for you by purchasing any one of our Administration Service Packages*